Recycle Your Old Mobile Phones
Most of us will upgrade old mobile phones annually for the ‘latest new release’ when we renew our mobile contracts. It’s become an event that we all look forward to as we get to impress our friends with our latest new phone. We watch them go green with envy for ten days while they then rush out to replace their old phone. When the new phone arrives we quick liberate our old phone to the bottom draw and forget about them.
The money saving expert has found a few solutions for your old mobile phones. It’s believed that there are around 80 million redundant mobile phones that have been left lying around homes with their batteries starting to deteriorate. Well you could sell your old mobile phones to a company for up to £150 per mobile or you could choose to donate your old mobile phones to a charity. It’s your choice to get some cash-back towards your new phone or to be charitable. Your old mobile phones need to be in working order, not damaged and it have its original charger.
Who Buys Old Mobile Phones?
Well here is a site that will pay you cash for mobile phones in seven days, thats money for for your old mobile phones. They seem to pay the highest amount of the sites I have seen. All you do is go on their website and find your phone; they will tell you how much they are willing to pay. If you agree then follow the steps and they will send you a free padded envelope for you to send it to them by post free of charge. Now sit back and wait for your payment! Always carry out your own research by Googling “sell old mobile phones” to find other recycling companies.
Donate Your Old Mobile Phones to a Charity
Here is shpcharity which is the complete old mobile phones recycle service for hospices and charities. To date they have raised over £2million for charities of all sizes with their mobile phone recycling programmes. Their service is Free, quick and simple. Simple follow the process and finally select a charity that you wish to donate your money to or you can select to donate a percentage of your money to your charity of choice
Other alternative solutions for disposing your old mobile phones are:
- If you have an eBay account you may want to sell your high value mobile phone here to get the best resale price. You will probably get more money for you phone here then from any of the recycling mobile phone sites. Also if your phone is damaged you could sell it on eBay as ‘spares and repairs.’
- Keep your old mobiles phones as a spare in case you lose your new phone
- Keep your old mobile phones as a back-up
- Pass your old mobile phones on to your children.
- You could always sell your old mobile phones at the next car boot sale you go to. Personally I think people buying at car boot sales want you to give it to them or sell it for nothing.
- Some people carry two phones, one for their ex-partner or work and one for their personal use.
- You could give it to a friend or if you could sell it to a friend.
What happens to your old mobile phones?
Old mobile phones are tested and graded, refurbished and the majority of old mobile phones are reused by being sent to developing nations. Envirofone sell their phone in the Far East, Africa, Middle East and South America Some phones are donated to women in women shelters and people with disabilities. If your old mobile phones are discarded in landfill sites they can and will leak lithium, mercury and cadmium in the ground with will cause a detrimental effect on the environment.
Before selling or donating your old mobile phones make sure you clear your internal memory of your phone numbers and also clear your removable sim card before sending your phone. Have fun and good luck! Your thoughts, experiences and comments are welcome. Just CLICK below and Leave your thoughts or experiences about recycling your old mobile phones today!