Work From Home Business is the Future
To work from home has been the dreams of many. Believe it or not we all have the ability to build a Billion Dollar Business. Work from home businesses often require small investments, few working hours in the beginning and have small overheads.
Most billion dollar business have been started by ordinary people from humble beginnings. These billion dollar start-up businesses were not started in plush expensive offices but in bedrooms, garages and one or two even started life on the kitchen. Most of these business adventurers had some knowledge whilst others had no knowledge or experience in the field they wished to develop their businesses. Nearly all of them were started with little or no money.
This is not the way most of us see these businesses. We see them as big Billion Dollar businesses. It’s strange how we tend to think of big business as having always been there or their owners as having been lucky or having inherited their businesses. In some case the businesses may well have been inherited.
Harley Davidson Started as a Work From Home Business
But most business owners will tell you that running their businesses is like a roller-coaster ride with hundreds of highs and lows. Take the American Motorcycle company, Harley Davidson. It was founded in 1903 and survived the great depression of the 1920’s, two World Wars, numerous recessions, a period of poor quality control, Japanese competition, a tarnished reputation in 1952, union strikes in 2007 and a financial crisis that saw the value of their brand fall by $4.3 billion in 2009. After all that they are probably the best known motorbike manufacturer in the world making billions of dollars in revenue each year.
These business owners all had motivation, the desire to succeed and the ability to stay focused. They did not procrastinate, they were flexible in their approach and were willing to change direction if need be in order to succeed. They treated their businesses like billion dollar businesses from the start not like a $500 dollar home business.
Many people look around and wish they could earn more, save more money, have a bigger retirement pension to live on, enjoy more foreign holidays and live in bigger and nicer homes and drive a new car. But few people will actually do anything to change their lives for the better.
Below is a list of ordinary people who have gone from being paid what their boss thought they were worth to becoming so wealth that they could write their own pay cheques having started a work from home business in the beginning.
- Amazon started as a work from home business and was founded by Jeff Bezos in 1994 after reading a report about the future of the internet Jeff started his business. Amazon.com was originally called cadabra.com. Jeff started by marketing 20 products (compact discs, computer hardware, computer software, videos, and books) which today are still at the heart of the business. Amazon’s global sales last year were $74.45 billion in 2013.
- Apple Inc was founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne in Garage in 1976. Today Apple is valued in excess of $660 billion.
- Walt Disney Their first film Studio was in a Garage in 1923. This year Walt Disney’s turnover was $45.97 billion
- Google was started by founding partners Larry Page and Sergey Brin in a friend’s garage in Menlo Park, California. Today Google has a turnover of £59.73 billion
- Harley Davidson Motor Company is an American motorcycle manufacturer. It was started in the garage of a friend in 1903 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin by partners William S Harley and Arthur Davidson. They have survived the great depression of 1920, numerous recessions, two World Wars, Strikes, and financial crisis to be successful.
- Hewlett Packard Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard started their business in a garage at 367 -369 Addison Avenue in Palo Alto.
- Mattel Ruth and Elliot Handler started Mattel in their garage in 1945
- Microsoft Childhood friends Paul Allen and Bill Gates founded in 1975. Microsoft turnover is $86,83 Billion (2014)
- Dell Computer Corporation was founded by Michael Dell who founded the business in his university bedroom in 1984. He then dropped out of university to focus on his business. He started his business with a $1,000 family loan. The business last turned over $73 million.
- Nike was founded by athlete Philip Knight and his track coach Bill Bowerman in 1964 as a US distributor for a Japanese shoe manufacturer. Nike’s global sales this year were $27.04 billion.
- Facebook was started by Mark Zuckerberg in his Harvard university bedroom. Facebook is expected to turnover $7.8 billion this year.
- Runescape is a fantasy massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) and was started as a work from home business by Andrew Gower and his brother Paul Gower in 2001in Nottingham, England. In 2011 the companies turnover was £45,345 million
- Digg is a social news website which was founded in the apartment of its founder Kevin Rose in 2008 The business revenue this year is expected to be $8.5 billion
- YouTube was started by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim in their office in 2005 after a dinner party sparked the idea of a simpler way to share video. It was bought two years later by Google in 2006.
- FastHost was founded by Andrew Michael it started as a work from home business and in his bedroom. Andrew sold his business and his wealth rocketed to $47 million.
- eBay was started by Pierre Omidyar at his home, It was first called Echo Bay Technology
- LinkedIn was started by Reid Hoffman in his living room in 2002. In 2008 the professional networking website LinkedIn was valued at over £1 billion
- Threadless was started by college dropouts Jack Nickell and Jacob Dehart. It started as a work from home business in their studio flat with a joint start-up capital of $1,000. Today Threadless has an annual turnover is in excess of $50 million
- Yankee Candle started as a work from home business back in 1969 after 17 year old Mike Kittredge made two candles from melted crayon’s one for his mother and one to sell as he had no money to buy his mother a Christmas present. His business was started in his parents garage and today has a turnover of $844.2 million
- JK Rowling is the United Kingdom’s best-selling author with an estimated fortune of £560 million. She is best known for her stories of Harry Potter. She started her writing business in her living room whilst unemployed and on state benefits. Within five years of starting she became a multi-millionaire. Another work from home business
We are all Capable of Starting a Work From Home Business and Succeeding
If you have any thought or experience about making money as you work from home and build a billion dollar business then leave let us know below.